Thursday 3 December 2015

I Love Autumn, Nature And Memories

I Love Autumn- Nature And The Memories 

Pumpkin


Reasons To Love Autumn/Fall

This post is a little look back on Autumn's past and why I love the season. You will see Autumn photographs, gift ideas, poetry and memories. I hope you enjoy it. 

Autumn or Fall is a gorgeous time of year. Nature gives us a spectacular show of colour and richness to enjoy before we are plunged into winter.

Yes, the days get shorter and colder but some of my favourite colours appear in Autumn. Cosy sweaters, hats and gloves start to be worn and out come the richly scented candles evocative of spices, warmth and comfort.

We have a wonderful harvest and the benefit of reaping what we have sown earlier. Often beautiful sunsets and sunrises occur and we can watch nature as the year ripens. Wonderful childhood memories come flooding back to me of walking through deep layers of richly coloured leaves and learning about all the trees.

All in all Yes I love Autumn !

Vivaldi Four Seasons-Autumn

You may like to listen to this beautiful music as you look through the rest of the page. A beautiful piece of music from one of my favourite composers :)



Lovely Autumn /Fall scene. I just like this photograph of nature turning into Autumn/Fall


Our Autumn Wedding and Anniversary!

One of my best memories has to be our Wedding day. We got married in the autumn, at the end of September. 

I confess to being a little worried about the weather all those years ago, but it was lovely. Before our Wedding it rained heavily but on Friday things started to brighten up and the actual day was glorious! I am so happy and grateful for our beautiful Autumn Wedding and the wonderful memories we have.

The weather was beautiful, clear warm but not too hot, sunny and bright and with a stunning backdrop of autumn colours! The photographer was ecstatic as he said although most people like summer weddings the light is so much better in the autumn. He took some rich and glorious photographs for us we treasure.

Even after 20 years we still celebrate our anniversary. It is a special day for us and that is something I love about Autumn :) 


To Autumn-John Keats

John Keats - To Autumn

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;

To bend with apples the moss'd cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,

And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o'er-brimm'd their clammy cells.
Who hath not seen thee oft amid thy store?

Sometimes whoever seeks abroad may find
Thee sitting careless on a granary floor,
Thy hair soft-lifted by the winnowing wind;
Or on a half-reap'd furrow sound asleep,

Drows'd with the fume of poppies, while thy hook
Spares the next swath and all its twined flowers:
And sometimes like a gleaner thou dost keep
Steady thy laden head across a brook;

Or by a cyder-press, with patient look,
Thou watchest the last oozings hours by hours.
Where are the songs of Spring? Ay, where are they?
Think not of them, thou hast thy music too, -

While barred clouds bloom the soft-dying day,
And touch the stubble plains with rosy hue;
Then in a wailful choir the small gnats mourn
Among the river sallows, borne aloft

Or sinking as the light wind lives or dies;
And full-grown lambs loud bleat from hilly bourn;
Hedge-crickets sing; and now with treble soft
The red-breast whistles from a garden-croft;
And gathering swallows twitter in the skies.


Red Holly Berries


Golden Retriever Birthday!

It was our Goldies Birthday in Sept so each year we had a birthday for him. Treats and dog cake and lots of pressies of course! Yes we are crazy but he was our little man in a golden suit. I still remember his birthday even now he has passed.



Paws In The Sand

  • Blog about life and adventures.



Goldie loved Autumn. Summer was usually too muggy for him with his big furry coat, but in the Autumn he could run and play without getting too hot and best of all jump in MUD!! Camouflage himself in the autumn colours of the fallen leaves and roll in them! Autumn was Fun!

Fall Foliage - Beautiful nature scenes of fall.


Autumn holidays

We quite often have taken our annual holiday in the Autumn. It is great when everyone else seems to be going back to work to have a couple of weeks off.If going abroad to sunnier climes the fares and accommodation have often been less expensive than the summer yet still good weather.

If holidaying in Britain again the cottages are less expensive, certainly less crowded and we have usually had wonderful clear crisp sunny days ideal for long country walks in the fields and forests and along the beaches and cliffs and warm cosy nights by the fire reading or watching a great film all safe and peaceful and cosy.

Usually at sometime during October or late September the dogs not allowed ban on the beaches where in force is often lifted and we could enjoy playing with Goldie on the beach! Bracing winds often.... oh Yes... but great fun!

“No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
as I have seen in one autumnal face"

Huge Pumpkin!

pumpkin


Fun For Children In Autumn

Children can enjoy every season. I have such happy memories as a child of autumn.

I loved it when my mum and dad took me into the woods near us and we chose leaves and made works of art from them. I loved walking through deep piles of leaves wrapped up in big sweaters and scarf identifying all the different trees and leaves.

Out in the fresh air enjoying nature running free and having fun! What could be better. I still love being out in nature in the autumn today !

We went for a lovely sunny Autumn walk and the leaves were deeply stacked up in places and very crunchy as you walked through them. Reminded me of hours of fun when I was a child! I still love wading through leaves now :)


Teach Children About Autumn/Fall

Personally I think it is essential to teach children all about nature and the different seasons. I will never forget the times as a child walking through red, yellow and bronze autumn leaves with my Mum, playing and learning.

Then choosing a few really spectacular leaves to take home and press. Together we learned about which trees they came from and why the leaves turned all these amazing colours.
I was learning so much and having fun with my Mum. These memories are more treasured than ever now she is gone. 

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."

Albert Camus

Autumn Gardening

Although it is a little sad to see the summer flowers fading it is good to clear the way for the autumn bulbs and to give the changing leaf colour, center stage for a short while before we go into winter.

I enjoy the autumn tasks, gathering leaves, autumn pruning, planting and all the while appreciating the glorious colours all around.

I attempt to make my garden look as good in Autumn as it did in summer and while I don't think I have quite achieved that yet I do enjoy trying!

Autumn flowers purple and gold

If you love Gardening and Wildlife we would Love to see you down at Diary Of A Wild Country Garden Facebook Page

You May Also Enjoy Autumn Colours

  • Colours Of Autumn
    Beautiful Autumn/Fall colours, natures spectacular show is celebrated on this page. Gorgeous leaf colour, flowers, trees and seeds to enjoy.


Your Thoughts About Autumn/Fall - What do you like about Autumn/Fall?Here are comments from earlier.

RaintreeAnnie @happynutritionist What a lovely thing to say , well am glad it made you smile. Autumn is one of my fave times of year and so many things to love about it. We are having a really gorgeous Autumn weather wise this year as well :)

RaintreeAnnie 
@Sylvestermouse I love the colours of Autumn and I do really like all the choices for beautiful Autumn home decoration. Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for visiting.

RaintreeAnnie 
@Night bear Lovely of you to visit. Yes I adore the beautiful rich colours too :)

happynutritionist
This page is rich with reasons to love fall, I am still having a hard time getting used to the idea of winter coming, but as I went through this page, I found myself smiling by the end.

Sylvestermouse  United States
Autumn is indeed a beautiful time of the year. I love all of the deep, rich colors of autumn. You have certainly featured some beautiful autumn decor suggestions. Several that would fit into my own home decor quite nicely.


Night bear 
What a gorgeous colorful hub. I love the rich colors.

RaintreeAnnie 
@tammywilliams09: Thank you I am happy you liked it. :) Yes a very special for us with our wedding being in Autumn and f course our anniversaries:) The autumn colours are just gorgeous...

RaintreeAnnie 
@sierradawn lm: I am glad you liked it and it came across like that:)

RaintreeAnnie 
@darkflowers: Thank you , I am glad you liked it. Yes I do look forward to Fall and its a great season to celebrate!

tammywilliams09 
I love the music, photographs and gift ideas. It is really fabulous that your wedding was in Autumn and you got to enjoy all those beautiful colours. Thanks for the tip about Autumn holidays too. Autumn colours are really lovely.

sierradawn lm 
Your lens is packed full of the feeling of fall and absolutely fantastic! I loved it!

 darkflowers The Hague, the Netherlands
Great Lens, I really loved your stories and beautiful photos, wonderful! The Fall is a great season we should all celebrate!

norma-holt 
A new blessing on this lovely lens and may you have a wonderful, successful and happy 2013. Hugs

MegaLED 
nice pictures

captainj88  East Berlin, PA, USA
I miss playing in the leaves with my brother, and going for family drives into the Allegheny Mountains or the Laurel Highlands in southwestern Pennsylvania. Hiking at Hocking Hills or Mohican State Parks in Ohio are more favorite memories.

NAIZA LM 
Though I live in a part of Asia where there's no autumn season I always thought it is the most fascinating of all the season. Terrific lens. ~Blessed by a Squid Angel.:0

iamraincrystal  Manila Philippines
Autumn for me is a fascinating season, mainly because where I am, we don't have four seasons.

Faye Rutledge Concord VA
I love autumn! I was married in October...this year will our 16th anniversary! My son also had a beautiful outside wedding in October. I love your fall leaves photos :)

KimGiancaterino 
Can't wait for autumn ... it's been a hot summer here in southern California.

anonymous 
It is my favorite time of the year.

Doc_Holliday 3 years ago
Guess who gets to sweep up the leaves :-(

HuggsX3 LM
I love fall! Love the temperature, leaves, wind breeze, everything! I just hate that winter is to follow....

WindyWintersHubs  Vancouver Island, BC
Autumn is my favorite time of year. The scenery is so beautiful and the air is so crisp. Although, this month we have been having some hot weather in the mid to high 80s. It's still summer on the Pacific Coast.

radhanathswamifan 
It is simply beautiful

savingmoneywith 
One of the most beautiful seasons!

vinodkpillai lm 
Great lens - enjoyed going through and experiencing once again the joys of many a autumn of the years gone by.......

AishwaryaTiwari1 
Beautiful season brings beautiful memories !!

tomazg 
I love beautiful colors of autumn. Thank you for sharing these fascinating photos.

Margot_C 3 years ago
Great lens! My niece is named "Autumn".

Joh2xny 3 years ago
Autumn is as beautiful as your lens

VeronicaHaynes 
Stunning images. One of favorite seasons to teach. Great lens.

MimayManalo 
Brilliant lens. I do love autumn in some many ways... like the leaves, it makes a colorful landscape in the valley.
The leaves.. this is why i love autumn :)

Douglas_Brent 
And as the autumn is coming...really great stuff!

EdwardZhang 
Hey, I Really Love Autumn b'coz my best memories my Wedding day. We got married in the autumn. Awesome Autumn wedding memories i have. i am so happy !! Thanks for sharing very nice lens.

shineall
Wow! Great lens, I like it and the photos.

LisaAuch1 
I love love love the colors!

chas65 
I love this time of the year. Grab your fav sweater, head off to a football game or the state fair

MagicScreen
Yeah I really love the Autumn. Thanks!!

Essentially Ind
me too like Autumn.........it's so beautiful

Cari Kay 11
You've done a wonderful job putting this page together. I love the photos! Blessed.

sunny saib 
I don't have many memories but my elder siblings do. Actually when I was a kid I never could relate to months and seasons, and by the time I really started to care for seasons, the whole thing kind of got disturbed. No more peak summers in June and timely rains in July.. Only if I had paid more attention back then.. ;)

flinnie lm Fall make Alabama such a nice place to be.


WriterJanis2
I love the colors of fall.

anonymous
Great images.. I loved your lens.. :)

iijuan12 
I love watching my kids play in all the colorful leaves. Beautiful lens!


alexandradouglas  I love autumn because it's much cooler here in FL.


goo2eyes lm 
i have to say that autumn worries me because harsh winter is coming for sure. i just hope that we will get a mild winter this time. i hate the siberian-like cold weather. landscape is nice but freeeeezing! brrrr!

anonymous 
Autumn is my favourite time of year. Everything cools down and the leaves are beautiful.

KimGiancaterino 
Lovely images ... I'm so ready for some cooler weather.

DLeighAlexander
My favorite autumn memory is my wedding day. My husband and I will celebrate our 35th anniversary exactly 2 months from today.
I love autumn and I really like this lens you have created for a truly beautiful season. Angel Blessed :)

aquarian_insight
A beautiful lens for a beautiful season. I also love autumn. *blessed*

mumsgather 3 years ago
Autumn is beautiful.

norma-holt 
Gorgeous and lovely pics.

RawBill1  Gold Coast, Australia
I love the Autumn colours on this page. I do not get to see too much of these colours in nature in my climate. Well Done! :-)

Country-Sunshine  Texas
Beautiful pictures!

suzy-t
My favorite season... not too hot or too cold... just right. Stunning colors courtesy of mother nature and the kids go back to school !. You've done autumn justice with this wonderful lens. Blessed and pinned to my SquidAngel board.

artbyrodriguez  Albany New York
Lovely lens! I got married in September. It was a warm, sunny day.

mariaamoroso Sweden
I agree about everything in this lens. The poem was so nice. In Sweden we pick a lot of mushrooms in the fall. Many kinds and colors of them.

Grasmere Sue  Grasmere, Cumbria, UK
I totally agree with you- I love autumn too!

Elyn MacInnis Shanghai, China
I love autumn especially because I don't like the heat of summer. When the cooler weather comes I have energy again. So fall is best!

earthybirthymum Ontario, Canada
Great Lense, I love fall and winter.. I can go for early spring too.

traveller27
I really like the fall. Lovely !

LaraineRoses Lake Country, B.C.
Another lover of autumn scenes.

Tonto Murray Nice sentiments and wonderful

AlleyCatLane
I share your love of autumn. Your photos are beautiful.

Rangoon House  Australia
This was a particularly lovely visit. Thank you for sharing so much beauty. I will need to visit again to meet your Goldie. We lost one of our dogs quite a few months ago now, but I am still not strong enough to read about others losing theirs. Blessings.

Mamaboo LM 
I love autumn. Summer is the only season I have problems with. I don't do the heat well. I thank you for your lens, it's beautiful, and beautifully done! Be blessed today!

cajkovska lm 
I love autumn... so much beautiful colours... btw... i like photos

flicker lm
I enjoy autumn and the crispness that comes into the air. I live in New England, so also enjoy the beautiful foliage. Nice lens!

JoshK47
Absolutely gorgeous lens - autumn is so wonderful, though I think winter is my favorite (mainly because winter down here is almost like autumn everywhere else...)

CruiseReady  East Central Florida
We don't have a lot of that fall and winter stuff where I live... most of our trees keep their leaves and stay green all year. Not all, but most. I like it that way.

MargoPArrowsmith 
I love fall. The only thing to not love about fall is that it gets dark sooner, but everything else is wonderful

aesta1  Ontario, Canada
I love Fall and you're right, nature at its full bloom before it sleeps.

TransplantedSoul
Best time of the year ... eh!

nightbear lm 
Oh what a wonderful time of year. I love it!! and isn't it surprising that your Goldie and my Nicholas had Autumn birthdays. Just another special connection between us. Blessed!

LaraineRoses  Lake Country, B.C.
My favorite time of year is spring. Autumn runs a pretty close second though. I enjoy the smell of leaves burning. Love this!

anonymous
Hi jasmineann,
I enjoyed your lense very much. Autumn will be here soon. I love the first feeling on 'chill on the cheek'. The leaves will be coloring and falling shortly!

blue22dLove autumn and your lens. The colors are fabulous. A Blessing to you for such a beautiful lens.

anonymous
Fall is amazing. The food, the colours, the feel of the air, the weather, Halloween.. I could go on and on. I can't put into words how much I love it. The only semi-bad thing about it is the fact that WINTER comes next *insert angry face here*

ajgodinho Ontario, Canada
I enjoy Fall very much and it's my favourite season as well. It was nice to read through this beautifully crafted lens filled with some many wonderful memories, including your wedding. I enjoyed listening to Vivaldi while reading this . Thanks for sharing your memories with us! :)

poutine
I love Autumn, but I also love the middle of the spring here in Ontario.

monarch13
My fave season! Blessed! Happy Holidays!

anonymous
Autumn is so beautiful. I love it :)

ICanCook
I love Autumn. The colors of the leaves are splendid. I especially like to watch the leaves falling off the trees.

RaintreeAnnie
@bbajari: Thankyou for visiting, wow that sounds gorgeous autumn colour where " the mountains turn to fire.."

bbajari
Used to live in VT - and there really isn't anything like that first pinch of cool air. And then the mountains turn to fire. Wonderful lens bringing back memories.

RaintreeAnnie 
Thank you for all your lovely comments and reflections on Autumn/Fall. I love hearing from you :)

retta719  United States
Fall is my favorite season! If there were a place where it was fall all year round I would live there for sure! Unfortunately, no such magical place exists.

WindyWintersHubs  Vancouver Island, BC
Fall Greetings! Belated Anniversary Wishes! Love the season of fall and seeing the bright colors of the leaves turning. Thanks for sharing your love for Fall. :)

ZablonMukuba 
you have made autumn look really good

Grasmere Sue rasmere, Cumbria, UK
I love autumn

ElizabethSheppard  Bowling Green, Kentucky
I love Autumn! This is an uplifting lens. Thank you for making it!

TheAdsenseConsultant
Autumn is definitely my most favorite time of the year! The temperatures are cooler and the leaves are turning!

angelroseFall is wonderful here in Pennsylvania - the leaves are awesome and it is so beautiful to take a drive. My only problem with fall is that winter is next and I do not like it! Actually spring is my favorite time of year!

AppalachianCoun
Beautiful lens. We enjoy fall, also. Thank-you for the wonderful pics. 5 stars*****

anonymous
I love autumn!!! I love the weather, the trees, the smells and flavors! I love the warmth of cinnamon, pumpkin, and apple cider. The comfort that autumn brings makes it the best season!

poutine
Autumn is one of my favorite season, the other is spring.

ecogrannySan Francisco
You've captured another beautiful season in poetry and images.

eccles1
it is so beautiful here right now I love fall too you did a great job thank you!!

EagleBayDesigns
Autumn is my favorite season. This is such a beautiful lens! Great work.

evelynsaenz1 
Whitefoot the Wood Mouse stopped by and liked your fall themed lens so much that he is leaving you some virtual and apples and and pumpkins along with the 5 stars..

delia-delia
Autumn and Spring are my favorite time of the year...the colors, the smell, the crisp sounds

dc64 lm
we have something in common, Autumn is also my favorite time of year. In Alabama however, we have a lot of evergreen, and what isn't usually just turns brown. There are times when a cold snap hits just perfectly though, and what a sight!

TonyPayne  Southampton, UK
Very nice lens, I love Autumn, the colours are so beautiful. 5***** for a splendid job.

JohannDog Northeast Georgia
Fall is one of my favorite times of year too! Great lens! Woofs, Johann

Wendy L Henderson PA
I love all 4 seasons because I love change. I guess this is why I live in Maryland. I love this lens. ~Wendy

chloecavanaugh
Beautiful pictures, beautiful !

MusicMadness LM 
Fall and spring are definitely my favorite seasons. Summer would be my next choice, and if winter only lasted a week or two, I wouldn't mind. 5*

ZenandChic
I love autumn and I love this lens on autumn. It is such a nice time of the year. 5*

EelKat13
Autumn is my favorite season as well; you still have flowers, but without the summer heat, plus you get lots of fruit and veggies from the garden as well! And than there's Halloween, my favorite holiday, which also comes in the fall, plus I live in Maine, so we get to see the fall foliage without having to take a trip to see it!



Thank you for dropping by my Autumn/Fall post :)


Do you have any Autumn/Fall memories? Love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment