Saturday 22 August 2015

Welcome To The World Of My Secret Hidden Garden

Beautiful garden


I love it here in this hidden, not well known garden somewhere near me in rural England. 
It is not my garden but one I travel to when I am in need of recharging my batteries, inspiration and a welcome break from the pressures of the world.

I always come away feeling a sense of lightness of being and a refreshed way of seeing the world and any challenges I am facing in my life. I have needed this place of quiet and reflection more than ever in recent weeks.... I would love to share this special place to me with you.


 The poetry of the earth is never dead."
John Keats


A Place To Retreat

garden overlooking lake

I wonder how many of us have somewhere to go when we feel the need to relax, chill out and recharge? Or maybe we don't all need to go away somewhere physically and can do it mentally/emotionally? Do you have a place to go to get away from it all?   


Bridge In The Hidden Garden. This is one of my fave views in the garden, so beautiful...makes me forget myself....

Lake with waterlilies


"The liberating truth is not static; it is alive. It cannot be put into concepts and be understood by the mind. The truth lies beyond all forms of conceptual fundamentalism. What you are is the beyond-awake and present, here and now already.

To be here, all you have to do is let go of who you think you are. That's all! And then you realize, "I'm here." Here is where thoughts aren't believed. Every time you come here, you are nothing. Radiantly nothing. Absolutely and eternally zero. Emptiness that is awake. Emptiness that is full. Emptiness that is everything."
Adyashanti

I love watching the butterflies, birds and other wildlife in my hidden garden. It is fascinating to just watch them go about thier daily lives.

Every time I go there it is different, subtle changes as the Spring rush to find a mate, nest and raise young changes to the heat and basking of high summer and the gentle fading into Autumn, getting ready for the cold winter ahead. Even the insects and creepy crawlies they too have their place in the whole ecosystem and often do good.

By The River Groove Amada




Ever lay down on your back on a sunny afternoon looking up at the sky and playing this song? Whether you are on a beach, or in the countryside or even grabbing five minutes of relaxation anywhere, I highly recommend it for utter relaxation. You may like to play it while reading the rest of this page.



One is nearer God's heart in a garden
Than anywhere else on earth."


Relaxing In the Hideaway

cabin overlooking lake

This is a beautiful place to spend some time either alone or with my husband. Here if we are together, we chat quietly about the past, sharing memories or talk about our future, planning our dreams, or simply in the moment just being together right now.

Alone I can be with my thoughts, time to reflect, recharge, heal and rest. The gentle lapping of the water, natures soothing sounds and a soft breeze...

flower bud


Noticing Nature In The Hidden Garden.

I like to stop and notice the amazing little things in nature that are all around us. Especially taking photographs gives me the reason to look, consider and dwell on the little things in nature we often walk by.

Focusing a camera helps me to focus on the scene, the unnoticed, the colours and the shades of each season. Here a  Poppy seed head, amazing of itself, hidden in the greenery all around, waiting until it bursts forth a brilliant red, never to be overlooked. It holds all the promise of a beautiful flower.

I've always thought my flowers had souls." Myrtle Reed, Lavender and Old Lace (1902)



What Is Life If Full Of Care...?

What is this life if, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare.

No time to stand beneath the boughs

And stare as long as sheep or cows.

No time to see, when woods we pass,

Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.

No time to see, in broad daylight,

Streams full of stars, like skies at night.

No time to turn at Beauty's glance,

And watch her feet, how they can dance.

No time to wait till her mouth can

Enrich that smile her eyes began.

A poor life this if, full of care,

We have no time to stand and stare.

by W.H. Davies


duck with ducklings


Ducklings in May. Ducks and ducklings are so cute to me and I love to see them grow up as I visit this garden from time to time. I smile at their ungainly waddle across the grass areas and laugh as they dip and quack and settle their differences. I admire their beauty and happy dispositions. I love their ability to live for right now, right in the moment, just being a duck on a pond...




Feeding The Fish. I Love feeding the fish here...I find it intensely relaxing and so very close to nature. Now the bigger ones even let you hand feed them. I feel very much "in the moment" here with nature at peace and that in itself is so very relaxing....


Hand feeding fish


Just For Today...

A simple statement I learned in my Reiki training that make a difference when practiced.

Just for today:

Do not worry
Do not anger 
Be compassionate to yourself and others 
Be humble 
Be honest in your dealings with others.






  Come on over for a quiet chat and relaxation :)

Here are some comments from when this page was posted on another site. 

Adventuretravels  from London UK
I have a secret garden too and it's in the middle of London! It's hidden away in Regents Park in fact! Even though this wonderful park has thousands of visitors each month, I'll bet that far fewer find my secret garden! Shhhh I won't tell yuo where it is -but next time you're in Regent's Park look and you'll know when you've found it because it's very beautiful.

nightbear What a truly beautiful lens. I love the photography and I would love your lovely garden as well. Beautiful. Blessed.
    
skefflingecho Tobermory Ontario Lovely lens and garden. Blessed. Here's one of my favourite quotes, and I think it fits here

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time"
Sir John Lubbock

   
indigoj  UK Spending some time here with you in your hidden garden brought a feeling of peace into my day. This lens is a treasure and it feels like I've come across a kindred spirit. Delighted to lensroll this to The Gift of Solitude and to Finding Happiness in Nature. Next time I update I'll feature your lens too.

RaintreeAnnie 
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I do appreciate them.

   
RaintreeAnnie 
@ohcaroline: Thank you I am so glad you enjoyed it :)

    
ohcaroline
 You have a wonderful place to get away and relax. Blessed by an Angel. This lens will be featured on my angel lens: "angel-on-assignment".

   
perfumereviews
this is really sweet. i love getting away (even if only for a minute or two). parks and botanic gardens are always my favorite picks. :) and the odd museum here or there--quiet, inspiring and contemplative. :)  
 
paperfacets  La Verne, CA This is a wonderful lens. My neighborhood is rather relaxing so a nice walk helps when I need it. Nothing like a beautiful lake like this, though.

    

 If you like this post please share and do consider joining us on Diary Of A Wild Country Garden Community Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment